- Alteration and/or extension of the registration certificates of health food, infant formula and food for special medical purposes could be influenced if the proposed changes enter into effect.
- Standards for special food labeling, sports nutrition, popular food additives ARA, DHA, GOS and some test methods are proposed to be revised
- On May 20th, 2019, China’s State Council detailed its work program on how to further strengthen supervision of the food industry.
- In Dec. 2018, 106 batches of foods were rejected. Complementary infant food and beverages accounted for half of all rejections.
- MFDS revised regulations for infant foods, defined "food for the elderly", and set more MRLs to regulate pesticides in food.
- Health food ingredients positive list will be expanded, more products will go through filing instead of registration...
- On Oct. 17, 2018, China GAC and SAMR announced new customs clearance protocols involving online verification on certification documents during customs declaration and inspection.
- The Ecommerce Law has not clarified the exact requirements for cross-border ecommerce which are expected to be detailed in a pending administrative rule specifically developed to regulate