- In Dec. 2018, 106 batches of foods were rejected. Complementary infant food and beverages accounted for half of all rejections.
- MFDS revised regulations for infant foods, defined "food for the elderly", and set more MRLs to regulate pesticides in food.
- Health food ingredients positive list will be expanded, more products will go through filing instead of registration...
- On Oct. 17, 2018, China GAC and SAMR announced new customs clearance protocols involving online verification on certification documents during customs declaration and inspection.
- The Ecommerce Law has not clarified the exact requirements for cross-border ecommerce which are expected to be detailed in a pending administrative rule specifically developed to regulate
- Cereal-based complementary infant food produced by Heinz Italia S.P.A were rejected in July due to 10 violations of Chinese food standards.
- 4 months after the formation of the State Administration for Market Regulation (SAMR), its “3 stipulations scheme” has been finalized and released.
- On December 25, 2017, CFDA released 3 support documents about special foods registration approval effective from December 1, 2017.