- On Jan. 29, 2019, China SAMR opened a new draft of health food label requirements to public feedback. Comments shall be sent back prior to Feb. 28, 2019.
- The lawsuit between Bright Dairy and Gourmet Master Co. Ltd. became the trending hashtag on Weibo (the twitter-like platform in China
- Once again advertisements relating to the unsubstantiated benefits of A2 infant formula have been the target of Chinese regulators.
- Is it likely that China will require routine inspections of overseas facilities as prompted by complaints made by domestic infant formula enterprises on the alleged
- On Jan. 22, 2018, Japan MHLW announced the amendments to "Specifications and Standards for Food and Food Additives", which mainly revised the residue limit of 6 pesticide and veterinary drugs
- On Jan. 15, 2019, Hong Kong Consumer Council detected carcinogens like acrylamide and 3-MCPD in 51 of 58 food tested samples of biscuits and cookies, including the popular brand in China, MUJI
- False promotion, production and sales of counterfeit health products are the focus of newly implemented joint action campaign involving several ministry level authorities.
- Under new plans enterprise operating within the confines of the bonded zones will be subject to favorable taxation, streamlined procedures, facilitated logistics etc