- Last Friday, September 13th, was Chinese Mid-Autumn festival (lunar Aug. 15th). As we all know, moon cakes are the traditional food that Chinese people always eat during this day.
- New-to-the-scene foods chock full of innovation have garnered widespread attention during Taobao Maker Festival 2019.
- On September 16th, 2019, both Mengniu and Bellamy’s released notices to disclose Mengniu’s planned acquisition of Bellamy’s.
- Marijuana and Hemp are delisted from the Scope of Category 5 Narcotics in Thailand, indicating that they may be used in food industry in future.
- India FSSAI has stipulated that final food contact products manufactured from bamboo shall have smooth surfaces and be free from chemical contaminants.
- 89 batches of foods imported from 28 countries/regions had issues. Major categories of food rejected include cereal-based snacks, fruits, vegetables & their products, and beverages.
- The positive list system applies to food contact plastics only; Current regulations on food contact materials are still applicable; The positive list system is expected to be implemented before June 22
- On Sept. 2nd, 2019, China's National Health Commission (NHC) released the 2nd batch of national standards revision and formulation list.