- On Mar. 28, 2019, China SAMR opened 5 health food ingredients to public feedback. The ingredients are proposed to be added to the health food raw materials directory.
- On March 27th, Taiwan FDA passed the regulation The Use Restrictions and Labeling Requirements of Olive Fruit (Olea Europea) Extract Containing Hydroxytyrosol , which took effect immediately on
- SAMR proposed an adjustment to the permitted terminology used in 18 of the current 27 acceptable functional claims, cancellation of 3 out of the 27 functional claims, and further
- The majority of additives and resins included in these amendments are applied in food-contact paints and coating
- A batch of Starbucks beverages were rejected due to illegal use of caffeine. A simple adjustment to flavoring essence could be helpful.
- Food enterprises will be subject to more stringent supervision. The food safety standard system is further optimized.
- As revealed by the No. 2019-137 Notice of MFDS, Korea is now soliciting opinions on the partially revised Food Additive Code.
- In the draft, all bacterial cultures permitted in food can be used in health food; probiotic health food excludes products which main ingredients are inactive probiotics or