- Public data shows the pet population in China has exceeded 168 million and China is the 3rd largest dog keeper and the 2nd largest cat keeper worldwide.
- The production, importation of chemical growth-promoting antibiotics as veterinary drug shall be halted as of 1 Jan 2020 and the uses as feed additive shall be terminated starting from 1
- China will roll out a new expedited customs clearance system based on a 2-step process in which goods can be quickly cleared after approval of basic customs declaration documents.
China Food Industry Review: Novel Products, Market Movements, Company Dynamics and Other Tasty Tidbits l July 2019A review on China food industry in July: What's new released and entered by CBEC? How about new policies/requirements? How companies go with H1 revenue?
- As revealed by the Notice No. 2019-67 on July 30th, further rules about food labeling and advertising authentication have been formulated to support the Korean Food Labeling and
- According to the MFDS report released on July 30th, 2019, South Korea completed the onsite inspection of 212 overseas manufacturers in the first half of the year.
Dairy Sector Strategies to Offset Paradoxical Decline in Birth Rate after Reform of One Child PolicyAfter China reformed its one child policy there has been a paradoxical decline in the number of births which is the leading cause of stagnant growth in China’s infant formula sector.
- In cities across China, local governments have banned the sale of health foods and health related products in Medicare pharmacies. Under previous