China SAMR Consults on Health Food, FSMP, Drug and Medical Devices Advertising Administrative MeasuresThis administrative measure will be the major regulatory reference for health food and FSMP advertising in future.
- Delays in the release of detailed rules for FSMP production license stymie domestic interests while overseas enterprises dominate the market by exploiting
- Tmall halted expansion in retail of unregistered/unfiled healthcare products whose main ingredients are L-carnitine, papaya and maca.
- Taiwan Ministry of Health and Welfare opened a draft revision of Maximum levels of metals and other contaminants in food to public feedback. Deadline for
- On January 30, 2019, Japan's Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) announced plans to import 20,000 metric tons (MT) of butter and 20,000 MT of non-fat dry milk (NFDM) for Japanese
- On Mar. 7, 2019, China SAMR announced the domestic sampling inspection result of 2936 batches of food products. 2 batches of infant formula food failed the inspection.
- CBEC comprehensive tax rate will be lowered to 9.1% for special foods.
- Only the preservatives and antioxidants listed in the standard could be used in food in Macau.