- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) announced the revision of the Food Safety and Standards (Food Product Standards and Food Additives) Regulations.
- According to an announcement released by China National Standardization of Food & Fermentation on July 10, a new national standard for Grape Wine is open for public consultation from July
- Australian dairy exports to China suffered a significant setback with the suspension of the registration of “Camperdown Powder Pty” and “Parmalat Australia Pty Ltd” by CNCA.
Korea Included Hibiscus Flowers and Other Ingredients into the Directory of Permitted Food Raw MaterialOn June 30, 2017, Korean MFDS released an announcement detailing revisions to Standard and Specification of Food. There are 4 major changes compared to the previous version.
- June and July witnessed great changes to Chinese national food safety standards. On June 23, 8 national hygienic standards were abolished and have been replaced by new national standards.
- National Entry-Exit Inspection agency supervision work carried out on inbound goods reaching Chinese ports in May 2017 revealed that 451 batches of food products did not meet Chinese
- On Jun. 16, 2017, Food Contact Science Expert Committee of China National Food Industry Association drafted the national food safety standard for composite food contact materials and
- On June 22, 2017, BSMI (Bureau of Standards-Metrology and Inspection) released an announcement seeking public feedback to guide revision or repeal of 136 food standards. Comments should be sent to BSMI by July 30, 2017.