Before November 16, 2023, the tool is free for all registered ChemLinked users. Starting November 17, 2023, access will be limited to ChemLinked Corporate Members. Please feel free to contact us if you need access.
The ChemLinked Food Ingredient Search Tool allows you to look up approved food ingredients (currently food additives only) of multiple countries. To search for the substances in specific countries:
1) Select a country/region from the filter on the left.
2) Type in the INS No. or English name of the ingredient in the search box.
3) Click "Search" and results will appear below.
4) Click "Detail" next to any result for more info like approved food categories and maximum usage amounts.
To see approved usages across multiple countries, select "All" in the filter and search. This also helps you quickly see where an ingredient is permitted.
If your search comes up empty, there are two likely reasons:
1) The name you entered doesn't exactly match what's in our database. Try searching again using the INS No., or a similar name.
2) The ingredient isn't currently included in our database. Please email email@example.com so we can look into it.