- Overseas infant formula manufacturer registration renewal materials must be submitted before the Dec.15, 2018 deadline.
China General Administration of Customs released a circular reminding overseas manufacturers of imported infant formula to submit required documentation to GAC (it takes charge of overseas manufacturer of imported food registration after institutional reform) before this Saturday (Dec. 15, 2018) if they need to renew their IF manufacturer license. A late submission may have negative impact on market access.
Application time, subsequent procedure, application format and required documentation are specified in CNCA notification No.9 released earlier this year which clarified that for overseas infant formula manufacturers granted approval before the end of 2014, the deadline for renewal application is the end of 2018. （download list of overseas manufacturers approved in 2014）
- The latest inspection report issued by the competent authority of country/region where the enterprise is located.
- Statement of recommendation and regulatory compliance issued by competent authority of country/region where the enterprise is located in (please refer to attachment 1)
- Renewal application form (please refer to attachment 1), and enterprises shall update the information at http://cifer.cnca.cn
- Self-evaluation report
- Supporting documents for regulatory compliance
- Supporting documents for food traceability
- Supporting document like authentication certificate is required if the imported product has been certified organic.
Former CNCA announcement
Attachment 1-Application Format For Registration Renewal Of Overseas Infant Formula Manufacturers
Attachment 2-Documents Required For Registration Renewal Of Overseas Infant Formula Manufacturers