- The CFSA proposed the approval of 9 new varieties of food additives and 5 additives and resins used in food contact materials.
- As reported by Food News on Oct. 14th, Consumers Union of Korea (CUK) surveyed the recognition level and attitudes on GMO labeling among 299 twentysomething national assembly members in July.
- Vietnam is now qualified to export dairy products to China. A Vietnam dairy manufacturer was granted a registration license. Dairy factories without registration can not export products to China...
- The post-1995 generation surpassed other age groups to become the largest consumers of low-sugar products in 2018.
- SAMR published 13 quick detection methods and invited feedback from industry, experts and the public to develop better food risk monitoring methods. The illegal role of quick methods might be revised...
- Nutrient fortification claims and corresponding health claims (nutrient function claims) can also be used on general foods and does not require registration or filing. These rules are laid down in Chinese national standard GB 28050.
- CBD (cannabidiol), a substance extracted from cannabis has been attracting considerable attention from multinational food enterprises due to its potential applications in foods.
"Almond" Is Added to the List of Foods Recommended to Use Allergens Labeling and "Walnut" will be Changed from Recommended to MandatoryOn July 5, 2019, at the Cabinet Office Consumer Commission Food Labeling Section Meeting, the Consumer Affairs Agency (CAA) announced that "Almond has been added to the list of foods recommended to use allergen labeling" and "Walnut has been designated as a food subject to mandatory labeling".
- The term “carry-over” in the context of food regulation in China, can be understood as the unintentional presence of a food additive in a final product usually attributable to the usage of this food additive as a raw material during an upstream processing step.
- To help pet food companies navigate the transition into upcoming labeling requirements, this two-installment article will introduce essentials of pet food labeling and offer practical advice on how to correctly use product claims while displaying their market competitiveness.
- Imported pregnancy nutritional products have gained a lot of traction amongst Chinese women of childbearing age. Compared to the online market, the offline market of pregnancy nutritional products is not well-developed and offers great room for expansion and investment.
- GB 4789.40-2016 National Food Safety Standard Food Microbiological Examination: Norovirus
23 Dec 2016
- GB 4789.40-2016 National Food Safety Standard Food Microbiological Examination: Cronobacter (Enterobacter sakazakii)
23 Dec 2016
- GB 4789.36-2016 National Food Safety Standard Microbiological Examination of Escherichia coli O157: H7/NM
23 Dec 2016
- GB 4789.35-2016 National Food Safety Standard Food Microbiological Examination: Lactic Acid Bacteria
23 Dec 2017
- Determination of Thiocyanate Ion in Milk and Dairy Products (BJS 201709)
25 Sep 2017