- Following the release of SAMR’s Stipulation Scheme, China General Administration of Customs (GAC) unveiled its own scheme specifying its functions, subsidiary divisions and staff allocation.
- Up to now, SAMR has approved 16 FSMPs, 13 of which are infant formula for special medical purposes.
- On Aug 8, 2018, Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW) published a revised Ministerial Ordinance on Ingredient Specifications for Milk and Dairy Products along with a revised
- China’s new stringent food contact material standards are negatively impacting both the volume and value of inward trade.
- On Aug. 14th, 2018, China SAMR unveiled the latest infant formula registration list which includes 21 products from 3 domestic enterprises.
- The “3 stipulation scheme” published recently by the State Council details the staffing, administrative structure and functions of National Health Commission
- On Aug. 8, 2018, China CFSA opened 7 new food additives to public feedback.
- HK expanded the scope of Pesticide Residue in Food Regulation to mungbean sprouts, soya bean sprouts and lotus tuber；violators face penalty of up tp HK$50,000 and imprisonment of up to 6