- Honey can be used as raw materials of sugar products
- The standard of pesticide residue limit of Bromomethane is added; the residue limit standards of 13 pesticides were revised; the residue standards of three pesticides (Norfloxacin, Ofloxacin and Pefloxacin) with safety problems were deleted
- Add 18 qualitative and quantitative experiment methods to products like GM food VC001981-5 (corn)
On Nov. 29th, MFDS released Notice No. 487 and 488 to partially revise the content of "food standard and specification" in Food Code. The consultation deadline for these two notices is due to Jan. 30th, 2019.
Alterations of Notice No. 487:
- Revise the standard of storage and circulation (related to the temperature)
- Restrain the use of food raw materials: remove the fruit of velvet bean from the raw material list
Alteration of Notice No. 488
- Revise the definition and production processing standard of some categories: the production processing standard of animal fats and oils; sugars like honey can be used as raw materials of sugar products, etc.
- Add the water content standard in the definition of food categories.
- Revise the definition of pork ribs
- Revise the demand of methanol in general distilled wines.
- Revise the standard of storage and circulation: specify the food scope for refrigerator temperature; ensure the food scope of instant food provided to consumers with a short shelf time.
- Revise the raw material list of food: add three aquatic products (Mytilus galloprovincialis, Semisulcospira gottschei and Austinogebia wuhsienweni) into the edible plant and animal origin raw material list; add 7 microbes, like Brevibacterium linens, into the food list with restrained use and expand the restrained use of Zymomonas mobilis to wine and fructosan production.
- Revise the applicable object of pesticide residues; add the standard of pesticide residue limit of Bromomethane; revise the residue limit standard of 13 pesticides and delete the residue standard of three pesticides (Norfloxacin, Ofloxacin and Pefloxacin) with safety problems.
- Add 18 qualitative and quantitative experiment methods to products like GM food, VC001981-5 (corn)
- Revision of terms and sentences: add the usage standard of preservatives (like benzoic acid), etc.