- On Aug 2, 2018, SAMR announced the implementation of 4 countermeasures to crack down on counterfeit and substandard goods in the supply chain, including food products.
1. Target all links in the supply chain and product lifecycle. Trademark infringements, misleading promotion, illegal advertisements, manufacture and sale of counterfeit and substandard goods, including "fake brands", are listed as key targets. The regulatory authorities will begin inspection activities with ecommerce platforms. In instances where counterfeit and substandard goods are discovered, the authority will conduct a full supply chain and product lifecycle investigation and will disclose the results to the public.
2. Exert functions of social supervision. The monitoring of illegal advertisements will be further strengthened. Any complaints and reports from trademark owners and consumers will be strictly investigated.
3. Clarify the responsibility of businesses. The operators of ecommerce platforms should safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of trademark owners and consumers.
4. Strengthen departmental collaboration.