- Liquid auxiliary food for children shall not be overheated during the production process.
As revealed by MFDS Notice 2019-63 and 65, South Korea revised the standard and specification in food and food additives. Here're the main revisions.
Revision of Food Code (MFDS Notice 2019-65)
- Delete the total acidity specification in rice wine (Makgeoli), medicinal wine, etc. and sort out the wine classification system.
- Revise the manufacturing and processing standards for infant and children auxiliary food, since overheating during production results in nutrient loss.
|Liquid auxiliary food for infants (under 3 years old) and children (from 3 to 6 years old) shall be sterilized.||Liquid auxiliary food for infants: shall be sterilized to remove all bacteria|
Liquid auxiliary food for children: pathogenic microorganism shall be killed with techniques like pasteurization.
Revision of Food Additive Code (MFDS Notice 2019-63)
- Expand the scope of manufacturing methods for natural flavors. Besides extracting and distilling, they can also be obtained from fermentation and enzyme treatment.
- Approve 114 synthetic flavors, such as acetic acid, acetovanillone and 3-(Acetylthio)-hexanal
- Increase food types which can use gold foil as food topping
- Sorbic acid, potassium sorbate and calcium sorbate can be used in making mayonnaise
- Specify the usage standard of six sulfites including sodium metabisulfite
For more details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for translation service.