- The Administrative Measure on Imported Organic Agriculture Products will be effective from May 30, 2019. Most notable is the new stipulation requiring importers to apply for approval prior to the sale, exhibition or advertisement of organic products.
On Dec. 11, 2018, Taiwan Executive Yuan released the Administrative Measure on Imported Organic Agriculture Products, specifying the application scope, inspection procedure, and documentation requirements for exporting organic agricultural products to Taiwan. This regulation will become effective on May 30, 2019.
Approval of the competent authority is a market entry prerequisite which must be obtained prior to the sale, exhibition or advertisement of organic agricultural products and requires submission of the following:
- Company or business registration certificates
- Organic certificate
- The supporting documents proving that the foreign testing agency is from organic equivalence country recognized by Taiwan or has WTO member organic certification. (Foreign testing agencies that logo in through competent authority are exempted from this document.)
- Import declaration or import declaration certificate
- Animal and plant quarantine certificate (Products exempted from quarantine are not required)
- Ingredient proportion list (products whose organic ingredient percentage has been indicated in organic certificate are exempted from this document)
- Application form
The application for importing organic agricultural products will be rejected in case of following situations:
- The percentage of organic ingredients is less than 95%
- The imported agriculture products undergoing quarantine treatment are not compliant with the product standards in Organic Agriculture Promotion Act.
If the organic agriculture product is imported for the first time, then the enterprise needs to apply for a login ID number from the central competent authority at first.
Please read the detailed document through the reference link.