As revealed by a GAC announcement issued on Apr. 23, 2018, label filing for prepackaged imported food will no longer be required starting on Oct.1, 2019.
China's Label Filing for Imported Prepackaged Food to Be Cancelled From Oct. 1, 2019
- 25 Apr 2019
- Yilia Ye
- 884 Views
- Post a comment
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Having expertise in food regulation, and providing unique insight on key areas including dairy products, infant formula, cross border e-commerce and labeling.
COPYRIGHT: You may circulate web links to the web and contents, but they are intended for your personal, non-commercial use only. For other use of any materials, you can contact with email@example.com to seek consent. Find out more about our copyright policy here.
CORRECTIONS: we do our best to provide you with accurate information. However sometimes errors slip under the radar. If you notice any errors contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Content sharing or co-authoring: just send messages to our editor team.
- China SAMR Unveils Green Product Certification Symbol Usage Requirements
- China GAC to Revise Imported Prepackaged Food Labeling Inspection Requirements
- China Opens GB 28050 “General Rules for Nutritional Labeling of Pre-Packaged Food” to Public Feedback
- China Proposes Revision of GB 7718: General Rules for Prepackaged Food Labeling
- China's New Administrative Measures for Inspection and Supervision on Labeling of Import and Export Prepackaged Food
- Comparison of Nutrition Label Requirements for Common Food in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan
- Capitalizing on General Food Nutrient Function Claims
- Regulatory Challenges Facing CBD as a Food Ingredient in China
- "Almond" Is Added to the List of Foods Recommended to Use Allergens Labeling and "Walnut" will be Changed from Recommended to Mandatory
- A Guide to Pet Food Labeling in China: 1. The Essentials for Label Preparing
- Mitigating Risk in Cross-border Ecommerce in China: Understanding and Avoiding the Pitfalls
- How to Sell Food via Cross Border E-Commerce into China
- Industry Focus: Designing China Compliant Food Labels
- Dissecting China’s New Health Food (Functional Food) Regulations
- Health Foods (Functional Foods) in China: Regulation & Market Dynamics
- Will Food Near Expiration Date be a New Business Opportunity in China?
- Packaging Design in China: How to Attract Chinese Consumers While Packaging Sustainably
- Food Sector Growth in China’s New Retail Era
- The Fourth Meal: Understanding China’s Snack Food Sector
- China Embracing Global Plant-Based Nutrition Movement: Whole Foods, Organic and Plant-Based Trending Hard
- Handbook on Food Label Claims in China
- General Rules for Nutritional Labeling of Prepackaged Foods (GB 28050-2011) Questions & Answers (Revision)
- General Standard for the Labeling of Prepackaged Foods (GB 7718-2011) Questions and Answers (Revision)
- GB 28050-2011 National Food Safety Standard General Rules for Nutrition Labeling of Prepackaged Foods
- GB 7718-2011 National Food Safety Standard General Standard for the Labeling of Prepackaged Foods
- What is the ‘0’ value of protein, trans fat, carbohydrate, sugars and sodium in China?
- Is it mandatory to put net weight and the name of the food in the same panel of the package?
- Should "fat powder" be listed on the label?
- When are Chinese labels pasted on permitted import food packaging?
- How to label vegetable oil on food labeling?