- China issued a draft of sampling inspection management method.
- The inspection of food sold online is included for the first time.
On Feb. 2nd, 2019, China SAMR released  the Food Safety Sampling Inspection Management Method  for public feedback. The public can visit this Opinion Solicitation System  to check the draft. Any comments shall be sent back prior to March 4, 2019.
Main revisions compared to the original version :
- The competent authority has been changed from CFDA to SAMR
- Further specified responsibilities and implementation measures
E.g. SAMR shall set up a food safety inspection supervision system (Rule 8); local SAMR authorities shall supervise the sampling inspection (Rule 14); measures for authorities to verify the disposal and supervise the food production operators are newly formed (Rule 51).
- Detailed inspection content
E.g. the expression "staple and auxiliary food" was changed into "health food, FSMP and infant formula food" (Rule 13); the inspection procedure and implementation measures for online food were newly formulated (Rule 17 & 21).
- Specific procedures and time during the inspection and reexamination stage have been revised.
E.g. Applicants can submit the written re-examination application within 7 working days (previously 5 working days in the 2015 edition.)
- Legal liability for food production operators and SAMR officials are included.
 SAMR Notice
 Food Safety Sampling Inspection Management Method (Draft)
 Opinion Solicitation System
 Food Safety Sampling Inspection Management Method (2015)
COPYRIGHT: You may circulate web links to the web and contents, but they are intended for your personal, non-commercial use only. For other use of any materials, you can contact with firstname.lastname@example.org
to seek consent. Find out more about our copyright policy here
CORRECTIONS: we do our best to provide you with accurate information. However sometimes errors slip under the radar. If you notice any errors contact us on: email@example.com
Content sharing or co-authoring: just send messages to our editor team.