- The safety review requirements for processing aids and fragrances has been revised.
- 20 synthetic fragrancesare forbidden to be used as additives.
On Jan. 9, 2019, MFDS announced the revision to “Food Additives Code”, which took effect immediately after official publication. The revision includes:
- Revision of the safety review requirements
|Processing aids (besides enzyme agent)|
- Revision of the component spec of 8 additives, including magnesium silicate, etc.
- Revision of the use standard of 9 additives, includingsodium metabisulfite, etc.
- 20 synthetic fragrances were forbidden to be used as additives (Attachment 2)
Read the notice for more info.