- As revealed by MFDS Notice No. 2019-82, South Korea passed amendments to its Health Functional Food Code on September 24th.
- Labeling precautions for taking health functional foods containing Vitamin D, EPA, DHA, saw palmetto extract, glucosamine and fructo-oligosaccharide are added
- Rancidity management standard and testing method for products containing EPA and DHA have been formulated.
- Revision of the heavy metal specification of glucosamine has been stipulated under which total arsenic content shall be less than 4.0 mg/kg
- The fructo-oligosaccharide functional claim “helps inhibit bacterial growth and contributes to calcium absorption”, was deleted due to uncertainty related to functional efficacy.
These revisions will enter into effect on July 1st, 2020.
For further help or translation service, please contact ChemLinked email@example.com for help.