- Taiwan FDA released a draft revision of a new food registration and license management regulation.
On November 5th, Taiwan FDA issued a draft named “Regulations Governing the Management of the Review, Registration, and Permit Issuance of Food and Related Products”. In order to optimize the food inspection and registration management system, FDA plans to abolish the original version of “Rules for the Inspection and Registration of Special Dietary Foods”. The consultation deadline had been set as January 4th, 2019.
This regulation mainly includes:
● General instruction
● Inspection and registration of infant formula for infants and toddlers (*babies from 0~12 month)
● Inspection and registration of FSMPs
Compared with the original version, here’s the newly added content:
● 2 new terms and definitions for disease-specific formula: nutritionally complete food with balanced formula and nutritional supplement formula food (Article 18)
● Nutrient specification for nutritionally complete food with balanced formula and daily reference intakes of nutrient supplement formula food
For more information, please check the English Version of this regulation and our webinar Comparative Analysis of Imported Infant Formula Regulations in Mainland China, Taiwan, HK and Macau.