- Any content concerning functions and safety cannot be used for health food and FSMP advertisement. The use of influencers to endorse or recommend a product is also banned.
As revealed by an announcement issued by SAMR on Dec. 7, 2018, China will strengthen the regulation of health food, food for special medical purposes, drug and medical devices advertisements by requiring compliance with the following stipulations:
- The advertisement must introduce the products authentically, scientifically and accurately in a way that does not mislead the public.
- Any assertion or guarantees relating to product function or safety are prohibited.
- Use of endorsements or recommendations from influencers, KOLs or famous people is forbidden.
- Approved advertisements shall be subject to social surveillance and sampling inspection conducted by SAMR.
Currently SAMR is drafting the detailed administrative measures for regulation of health-related product advertisements, until then, the primary legal reference is the Advertisement Law and other related regulations.
Form Jan. 1, 2019, the new version of the censorship document, coding rule for advertisement approval No., and censorship seal will be applied to advertisement censorship of health food, FSMP, drug and medical devices.