- During the period from Mar. 20 to April 20, 2019, China's SAMR opened public consultation on Application and Evaluation of Probiotic Health Food (Consultation Draft) to solicit
- A total of 54 imported health foods has been granted filing certificates since 2017, three fourths are American products and Robinson Pharma has 18 products approved.
- Genetically Modified Foods shall undergo risk evaluation before production/processing, retail or importation in Thailand.
- GAC rolled out 13 measures to facilitate customs clearance for exhibitors during the upcoming 2019 CIIE. Lists of prohibited and restricted items were revealed concurrently.
- On June 26th, the Tmall Global English website was officially launched.
- On July 3rd, 2019, MFDS released Notice No.2019-57 to partially revise the content of "food standard and specification" in Food Code.
- On July 3rd, the State Council Information Office publicized new GAC policies during a routine press briefing together with vice GAC minister, Hu Wei, etc.
- The informal draft of positive lists of additives and polymers used in food contact materials was disclosed, however the official consultation draft is expected to face the public in July or August.