- Imported food products that are subject to laboratory testing at Chinese ports are now allowed to enter China right after sampling and before testing results are released.
- Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) revised standards for food additives, contaminants and health claims.
- According to an SAMR announcement released on Feb. 1, in 2019 China SAMR plans to carry out a national sampling inspection on 34 food types.
- The revision to Administrative Measures on Registration of Infant and Young Children Milk Powder Formula Recipes is listed in 2019 legislation program issued by SAMR
- On Jan. 28, 2019, China CFSA consulted on the new application scopes of sodium stearoyl lactylate, iron oxide red, and caramel colour (ammonia sulphite process).
- In Dec. 2018, 106 batches of foods were rejected. Complementary infant food and beverages accounted for half of all rejections.
- On Jan. 29, 2019, China SAMR opened a new draft of health food label requirements to public feedback. Comments shall be sent back prior to Feb. 28, 2019.
- The lawsuit between Bright Dairy and Gourmet Master Co. Ltd. became the trending hashtag on Weibo (the twitter-like platform in China