- China has extended a 6-months grace period to allow industry to prepare for compliance with new pet feed labeling regulations. The competent authority will carry out supervision based on
- On August 30th, 2019, Singapore Food Agency released the Food (Amendment No.2) Regulations 2019 to proclaim the new labeling and advertising requirements of infant formula
- In Aug., 2019, State Administration for Market Regulation (SAMR) approved 3 foods for special medical purpose (FSMP), bringing the total number of registered FSMPs to 35.
- Generally speaking in China’s new MRL standard the acceptable concentration of pesticides and MRL items exceed limitation standards stipulated by the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
- As revealed by the notices released on August 23rd and 26th, 2019, MFDS passed the partial revision of Food Additive Code and Functional Food.
- The proposed approval of 21 food related products is under consultation, which will end on September 19.
- On 8th Aug., 2019, SAMR issued the Measures for Administration of Sampling Inspection of Food Safety, which will be implemented on 1st Oct. 2019.
- On Aug. 20th, SAMR released Health Food Labeling Warning Language Guide, and it will come into force on Jan. 1st, 2020.