- HACCP system will be a mandatory requirement for all meat processing facilities in Korea (beginning next year).
On June 16, MFDS released parts of the revised draft of implementation rules for the sanitary management of livestock product, here are the major contents:
- HACCP system will become mandatory and will be implemented gradually for the meat processing industry starting next year.
- The legal framework of the National Residue Program (NRP) will be established to help regulate chemical residues such as antibiotic, pesticides and hormones.
- Pollution sources and animal butchering must be separated to avoid cross contamination.
- An english versions of certificates are being made. Fasting requirements for animals prior to slaughter are also being clearly stipulated.