- Korea has issued rules clarifying the materials necessary to substantiate the validity of food labeling and advertising which expand on the broad provisions outlined in overarching documents such as the food labeling and advertising act and their corresponding implementation rules.
- Requirements on the provision of evidential materials like documentation, experiment/test result, 3rd party research organization reports and expert opinions are included within.
As revealed by the Notice No. 2019-67  on July 30th, further rules about food labeling and advertising authentication have been formulated to support the Korean Food Labeling and Advertising Act  and Implementation Rules of Korean Food Labeling and Advertising Act . Here's the main content.
Requirements for documentation
Evidential materials shall be directly and closely related to products’ labeling or advertising claims.
Requirements to experiment/test result:
- Labs shall follow the requirements articulated within Enforcement Decree of the Act on Fair Labeling and Advertising (Article 4) 
- Labs shall be equipped with professional technicians and equipment. They shall be
- research institutes set up and compliant with relevant laws or regulations
- labs that are recognized and have got relevant certificates
- labs or research institutes certified by MFDS
- Experimental methods and procedures used shall be based on scientific consensus, and align with global best practices such as the Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC), Association of Official Analytical Chemists (AOAC), International Standard Organization (ISO), etc.
- 3rd party research organization requirements
- Expert opinion requirements