- On September 20, 2017, during an executive meeting of the State Council held by Premier Li Keqiang it was revealed that the grace period for CBEC would be extended until the end of 2018.
- On September 15, 2017, India FSSAI released the updated regulation related to non-specified food, detailing the requirements and procedure of prior approval.
- On Sep 13, WTO issued a notice on Measures for the Supervision and Administration of Import and Export Food Safety (draft) submitted by China AQSIQ, which is open for public comment until
- On September 15, China CFDA released the 11th batch of infant formula registration, including 38 products from 11 enterprises.
- On September 14, China CFDA released the 10th batch of registered infant formula, including 35 products from 7 enterprises, including French manufacturer, Synutra International.
- On August 22, India FSSAI announced that the fortification logo (+F logo) is now a mandatory labeling requirement on all fortified food labels.
- At the end of July, China AQSIQ released 4 implementation rules on national inspection of food related products, involving plastics, paper and paperboard, as well as food machinery.
- On September 6, China AQSIQ released data on non-compliant food in July 2017. Altogether there were 233 batches of food found non-compliant. Confectionery, biscuits, and beverages accounted for the