- On Jan. 15, 2019, Hong Kong Consumer Council detected carcinogens like acrylamide and 3-MCPD in 51 of 58 food tested samples of biscuits and cookies, including the popular brand in China, MUJI
- False promotion, production and sales of counterfeit health products are the focus of newly implemented joint action campaign involving several ministry level authorities.
- Under new plans enterprise operating within the confines of the bonded zones will be subject to favorable taxation, streamlined procedures, facilitated logistics etc
- On Jan. 11, 2019, China Center for Health Food Evaluation newly published the filing certificates of 12 imported health foods.
- On Jan.9, 2019, Korea MFDS announced the revision to “Standard and Specification of Containers and Container Packages”.
- On Jan. 9, the Ministry of Public Health promulgated a ban on the production, importation and sales of food products containing PHO.
- On Jan. 9, 2019, MFDS announced the revision to “Food Additives Code”, which took effect immediately after official publication.
- China began allowing the simultaneous cancellation and replacement of a previously registered infant formula product line stage e.g. cancellation and replacement of a stage 1