- On Jul. 17, 2018, China GAC announced that 85 batches of imported food failed customs inspection in June.
- No 2018-291 announcement issued by MFDS on Jul. 6, 2018 outlines Korea’s proposition to amend the material items for functional ingredient certification.
- Premier Li Keqiang announced the decision to establish new pilot zones for CBEC in 22 cities in China at the executive meeting of State Council
- MHLW announced changes to maximum limitations of several elements and production standards for beverages in notice No. 269 issued on July 13, 2018.
- According to announcements issued by China Health Food Evaluation Center on Jul. 13, 2018, the filing of a Calcium and Vitamin D3 product was removed.
- Sponsored by FIAC, the first ChemLinked (Food) workshop was held in Shanghai on Jul.
- DL-Alaninw and five other food additives are open to public feedback.
- Three food related products are open to public feedback.