- The application of gene editing technology in the food sector is entering a new era. The first gene-edited food, the soybean oil by Calyxt was launched and hit the market in the US on March 1st, 2019. If everything goes smoothly, Japanese consumers can also have access to gene-edited food this
- Many people might be considering a future food labeling plan (including how to deal with the new Country of Origin for ingredients labeling system), so I would like to feature it in this article.
- Almost 4 years have passed since the implementation of the Food Labeling Standards in April 2015, and we can see more and more products with labeling following the Food Labeling Standards on the shelves. The transition period during which the labeling of processed food and additives according to
- In furtherance of its goal to develop a formal "Positive List" (PL) system for food-contact material, the Food Safety Commission of Japan (FSCJ) has released for public comment its proposed evaluation procedures for food-contact substances (FCS) that are not included on Japan's current Positive
- The advertising law affects advertising of foods across numerous categories including health food advertisement and this article will interpret this regulation from the following 5 aspects
- Opening up 2.0: China introduces new trade facilitation policies including tariff reductions, tax incentives, preferential treatment of goods traded through CBEC and optimized customs clearance measures.
- China's Two Sessions are the biggest political meetings of the year—the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) and the National People's Congress (NPC).
- Are there any signs of what is likely to happen over the next several months and in the coming years? Here are our 4 predictions:
- In Oct 2017, China CFDA unveiled the 'Specification for Special Food Evaluation Technical Institution' , which begins a new supervision mechanism for testing agencies.
- News about the demise of daigou have been greatly exaggerated. Many daigou are atill alive despite risks.