- In 2017, 9 applications for new FCM new substances were accepted by the NHFPC, 26 new FCM varieties were opened for public feedback, and 20 new substances used in food contact materials granted approval. This article summarizes new substance registration of 2017, and probes into approval, product
- This article includes a recap of recent regulatory changes on FSMP registration in China and some insights on their influence on the development of this market.
- Naturally occurring in breast milk, the addition of probiotics infant formula is now a common practice. In this article we will deal with which are the most common ones in Infant Formula, how are they dealt with in China, the value of adding probiotics to products, and future market prospects.
- China’s pesticide MRL regulatory framework (the maximum concentrations of pesticide residues in foods) is underdeveloped compared with other major economies and fails to adequately meet food safety and international trade requirements.
- The new technical requirements will force manufacturers to make great changes to infant formula label and packaging design. Manufacturers will need to design clean and simple labels and there will be little room to differentiate products based on label alone.
- Comparison between 2016 and 2017 version revision of 2 supporting documents for FSMP registration, which are “Requirements for Application Materials for Registration of Foods for Special Medical Purpose (For Trial) (2017 revision)” and “Stability Study Requirements for Foods for Special Medical
- In July 2017, NHFPC released an official letter detailing the updates, deletions and refinements of China’s directory of national food safety system, marking a milestone in the construction of China’s food safety regulatory framework.
- Brief interpretation of the new 2017 draft version of Food Safety Law Implementation Rules released by China’s CFDA on 14th August.
- China has implemented infant formula/milk powder recipe registration since Oct 1, 2016 in accordance with stipulations articulated within the New Food Safety Law and Administrative Measures for Registration of Infant and Young Children Milk Powder Formula Recipes.
- China recently announced the formal implementation of the new health food registration and filing system, also releasing relevant supplementary requirements thereafter. This article contains updated information on the impact of these rules with a particular emphasis on the comparatively reduced