- With further optimization expected as a result of the latest policies, Special Customs Supervision Zones are poised to continue to play an important role in promoting foreign trade, coordinating regional economic development, and expanding employment.
- In April, 2019, Chinese authorities published Amendments of the Trademark Law and are implementing the Iron Fist Action to strictly regulate IPR in the market.
- On June 25th, 2019, the Healthy China Promotion Committee was established at the national level and detailed the Healthy China Action Plan (2019-2030), clarifying the tasks and goals raised in the Guidelines for Healthy China Action.
- The draft of the first standard regulating food contact adhesives in China is currently subject to public consultation after 5 years in development. The list of base polymers of adhesives is expected to be separated from GB 9685 (food contact material regulation).
- The application of gene editing technology in the food sector is entering a new era. The first gene-edited food, the soybean oil by Calyxt was launched and hit the market in the US on March 1st, 2019. If everything goes smoothly, Japanese consumers can also have access to gene-edited food this
- Many people might be considering a future food labeling plan (including how to deal with the new Country of Origin for ingredients labeling system), so I would like to feature it in this article.
- Almost 4 years have passed since the implementation of the Food Labeling Standards in April 2015, and we can see more and more products with labeling following the Food Labeling Standards on the shelves. The transition period during which the labeling of processed food and additives according to
- In furtherance of its goal to develop a formal "Positive List" (PL) system for food-contact material, the Food Safety Commission of Japan (FSCJ) has released for public comment its proposed evaluation procedures for food-contact substances (FCS) that are not included on Japan's current Positive
- The advertising law affects advertising of foods across numerous categories including health food advertisement and this article will interpret this regulation from the following 5 aspects
- Opening up 2.0: China introduces new trade facilitation policies including tariff reductions, tax incentives, preferential treatment of goods traded through CBEC and optimized customs clearance measures.