- As revealed by No. 29 Presidential Decree issued in Apr. In 2019, China officially passed the amendment to “Trademark Law”. The new law became effective on Nov. 1, 2019.
- I would like to feature the labeling standards for beer while mentioning the definition of craft beer and pointing out its differences from the local beer.
- The State Council has included considerable detail in the Food Safety Law Implementation Rules on regulation of health food, infant formula and food for special medical purposes. Changes in the Rules reflect the major tasks and goals of the government in food safety, market supervision, education,
- Nutrient fortification claims and corresponding health claims (nutrient function claims) can also be used on general foods and does not require registration or filing. These rules are laid down in Chinese national standard GB 28050.
- CBD (cannabidiol), a substance extracted from cannabis has been attracting considerable attention from multinational food enterprises due to its potential applications in foods.
- On July 5, 2019, at the Cabinet Office Consumer Commission Food Labeling Section Meeting, the Consumer Affairs Agency (CAA) announced that "Almond has been added to the list of foods recommended to use allergen labeling" and "Walnut has been designated as a food subject to mandatory labeling".
- The term “carry-over” in the context of food regulation in China, can be understood as the unintentional presence of a food additive in a final product usually attributable to the usage of this food additive as a raw material during an upstream processing step.
- To help pet food companies navigate the transition into upcoming labeling requirements, this two-installment article will introduce essentials of pet food labeling and offer practical advice on how to correctly use product claims while displaying their market competitiveness.
- Imported pregnancy nutritional products have gained a lot of traction amongst Chinese women of childbearing age. Compared to the online market, the offline market of pregnancy nutritional products is not well-developed and offers great room for expansion and investment.
- Fish oil products started to gain traction amongst Chinese consumers in the nineties.